Top 10 Signs You’re Seriously Into Indian Cooking
- You can’t remember the English names for common ingredients
- No matter what someone asks you how to cook, 80% of the time your instructions begin with “Heat up a Tbsp of oil and add jeera. When they begin to sizzle…”
- You stop measuring ingredients when making roti.
- You say belan instead of rolling pin, tava instead of skillet.
- You no longer keep your pressure cooker in the back of the cupboard.
- You perfect that palm-to-palm flipping motion to knock excess flour off of your roti.
- You know what regions your sabzi’s come from, and you start cooking sabzi’s from places other than Punjab.
- The only time you say the word curry, it’s followed by “leaves.”
- You keep your seven most common spices in a masala dabba.
- In your mind, a complete meal consists of daal, a sabzi, and rice or bread.